On December 1st 2016 the project ELFO "Empowering guardians, Legal representatives and FOster families of children deprived of parental care against violence through child rights" has started.
The reinforcement of parental care of those actors of civil society who undertake parental functions, like for example guardians foster parents and legal representatives, and who act independently and for the best interest of the child could constitute a key element to prevent violence and abuse of children deprived of parental care. Nevertheless, as reported by FRA Agency of European Union, often these subjects do not receive an appropriate, specialized and constant training in most of the European countries.
The project’s general objective is to improve the level and quality of protection of child victims or potential victims of violence by empowering guardians, legal representatives and foster parents of children deprived of parental care within an integrated child protection framework.
In order to achieve this general objective, ELFO will pursue three specific objectives through the related activities:
- Ultimate beneficiaries: Children deprived of parental care victims or potential victims of violence in contact with at least one of the three functions addressed by the project
- At least 300 active guardians, legal representatives and foster parents of children deprived of parental care.
- Institutional actors, professionals and public officials working in existing child protection systems.
- Specialized child victim support services.
- Potential guardians, legal representatives and foster parents from civil society
Outputs to be produced:
- 5 brief national assessments
- 12 training cycles involving 300 participants
- 10 targeted multilateral meetings with key actors
- 30 follow-up training sessions
- 3000 copies of information and assessment tool in 6 languages
- 15 national presentations
- EU online information campaign
- Awareness raising video
- Final EU event and evaluation meeting
- Follow-up strategic document
Project Duration: 24 months
- Defence for Children International Italy (coordinator)
- ARSIS (Greece)
- CESIS (Portugal)
- DCI Spain (Spain)
- Pulse Foundation (Bulgaria)